Celebrate Arlington’s Path to a Sustainable Future
Every community has a vital role to play in fighting climate change. Join us as we celebrate Arlington’s leadership in taking action to achieve a safe, clean energy future. By highlighting how far we have already come at the local level, we hope to further inspire both our community and other communities.
Join us for conversation, refreshments, activities and live music as we Paint the Town Green and Celebrate Arlington’s Path to a Sustainable Future.
We will be celebrating:
- The one-year anniversary of Arlington’s Green Municipal Aggregation program with over 500 opt-ups since August 1, 2017
- Green Teams at every elementary school, a Green Team Coordinator and the 2018 Green Ribbon Schools recognition at the State and Federal levels
- Arlington’s recent admission to the Metropolitan Mayors’ Coalition
- Solar arrays on 6 public schools and real time production tracker on Town website
- Progress since 2010 as a Massachusetts Green Community, including receiving grants totaling $1.6 million to improve the energy efficiency of town operations
- and much more
Come see the steps Arlington has taken, plans to take, or is currently working on to achieve a safe, clean, carbon-neutral, and renewable energy future.
Musical Performances at Paint the Town Green:
|The Grüvmeiners are a small brass band (with accordion!) bringing you the best pop hits of the 70’s and 80’s in our own brassy style!||
Muse Stew is an Arlington, MA based jazz ensemble that performs original compositions by band
leader, Scott Samenfeld. The group has been performing in the Boston area since 1990.
730 Massachusetts Ave
Arlington, MA 02474
Google map and directions