Natural Gas & Oil Infrastructure Hearing - Join us!
Let’s pack the room and urge the Energy Committee to rule favorably on:
- Three important bills to prevent new fracked gas infrastructure.
These bills will provide firm legal and regulatory footing for our fight to stop any polluting, climate-changing pipelines.
The Consumer Cost Protection bill that shifts the cost of leaking gas from our bills to the utilities. We need this bill to make sure utilities find and fix the biggest leaks quickly.
See below for more info on the bills.
Bring your story about why these bills are important to you in our fight against climate change and for environmental justice. If you would like to testify or help in any way, please contact Susan: [email protected].
Wear your Mothers Out Front t-shirt. When we show up in numbers, we speak loudly without even saying a word.
Written comments and calls are important. Contact the Committee Chairs:
[email protected] / 617-722-2263
[email protected] / 617-722-1572
TWEET AND POST!
- Please take pictures and post on social media.
- Thank and tag (@) any elected officials who are working with us.
- Our hashtags are: #FixBigGasLeaks and #NoPipelineTax.
- Include @MothersOutFront in your posts so your message can be amplified.
Thursday’s hearing is key to our campaign to say NO to gas and YES to renewable energy.
- H2698/S1855: An Act protecting ratepayers from gas pipeline expansion costs -- Ensures that the state can’t force consumers to pay for new pipelines.
- H3400/S1847: An Act clarifying authority and responsibilities of the Department of Public Utilities -- Gives the public input into the process for approving gas contracts.
- H3239: An Act relative to the Energy Facilities Siting Board -- Requires a public health impact assessment of new gas infrastructure.
- H2683/S1845: An Act relative to protecting consumers of gas and electricity from paying for leaked and unaccounted for gas.
October 26, 2017 at 10am - 12:30pm
Massachusetts State House Room A-2
24 Beacon St
Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy Committee
Boston, MA 02133
Google map and directions
Susan Lees ·