Mothers Out Front Massachusetts Annual Assembly 2018
Join us for the Mothers Out Front Massachusetts Assembly 2018
Saturday, January 27
8:45 am - 5 pm
First Church in Belmont, Unitarian Universalist
Cost: Free Program, Lunch, and Child Care
Our Massachusetts Mothers Out Front Assembly 2018 is about Celebrating Connection.
Come to celebrate. It's been an amazing year for Massachusetts Mothers Out Front! We have spoken out as mothers again and again. We have rallied and protested and testified. We have reached out to form new alliances. We have made real change in our local communities. We have shown up. And don't forget that we did this over and above our primary commitments as mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers. For all this, we will celebrate together.
Come to connect. The heart of our movement is our relationships with each other. The day will include many chances for meaningful connection, including small group workshops, a display area for teams, lunch topic tables, and time to meet and mingle.
Come to learn organizing skills. During morning and afternoon breakout sessions, our own talented local leaders will offer core Mothers Out Front skill building for people at all levels of engagement from seasoned leaders to new volunteers. This is a great opportunity to learn from the amazing collective wisdom we hold together.
Come to build connection by ending the effects of oppression. We are excited to welcome guest leaders from Sustaining All Life/United to End Racism, a grassroots organization working to end climate change within the context of building a unified climate justice movement by ending all divisions among people. They will lead us in an interactive keynote on how we can work together to end the effects of oppression on our lives, relationships and our community teams. https://www.facebook.com/SustainingAllLife.
Come to learn about Mothers Out Front. If you are newer to Mothers out Front, you may join an introductory session. Throughout the day, we will provide background on who we are, what we do, and how we are organized.
Come. Don't miss this once-a-year chance to celebrate connection with incredible mothers from all over Massachusetts.
An abbreviated schedule and list of workshops is below. For workshop descriptions, please click here. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. After you RSVP, please scroll down on the page that says "Thank You" to fill out our short registration survey.
Please register by January 19th!
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
8:45-9:00 - Arrival/Coffee; Get your Welcome Folder with handouts
9:15 - 9:30 Welcome
9:30-10:00 - Who is Who: Introducing Mothers Out Front Massachusetts
10-10:45 - Morning Keynote: Active Hope with Anne Goodwin, MA Leadership Team
10:45-11:00 - Stretch break
- Introduction to Public Narrative: Telling Your Story
- Strategy and Campaign Planning
- One to One Meetings: Building Power Through Relationships and Commitment
- Tools for Leadership: Meeting Facilitation and More
- Newcomers’ Circle: Introduction to Mothers Out Front)
12:15 -1:30- Lunch - with optional topic tables
1:30-3:00 - Keynote: Ending Divisions Toward a United Environmental Justice Movement by guest leaders from Sustaining All Life/ United to End Racism
- Ending Divisions Toward a United Environmental Justice Movement (5 choices of small-group sessions)
- Public Narrative - Practice and Coaching
- Strategic Communications
- Growing Your Community Team
- What’s Happening in Our Statewide Campaigns
Public Transit — bus
Public Transit — Commuter Rail
Take the Fitchburg line from North Station. First Church is across the street from the Belmont Center stop.
Driving — from Boston and Cambridge
From Storrow Drive westbound:
- Exit at Fresh Pond Parkway/Arlington/Route 2W
- Follow signs for Arlington, Route 2W, Belmont
- At first rotary, follow main flow of traffic 3/4 way around rotary
- At second rotary (Fresh Pond), go STRAIGHT onto Concord Avenue
- Follow Concord Ave for 1.5 miles, until Belmont Post Office is on right
- Turn LEFT at 404 Concord Avenue into church parking lot
Driving — from other locations
From Route 2 eastbound:
- Take exit 59 (Route 60, Belmont Center) and bear RIGHT at the light onto Pleasant Street
- At the second traffic light, turn LEFT onto Leonard Street
- Go through Belmont Center and under the bridge
- Turn LEFT; the church is directly in front of you
- Turn first RIGHT into church parking lot
There is a parking lot at the church, but it only holds 25 cars. Please carpool as much as possible. Metered parking is available on Concord Avenue and nearby streets.
January 27, 2018 at 8:45am - 5pm
First Church in Belmont Unitarian Universalist
404 Concord Ave
Belmont, MA 02478
Google map and directions
Sorry, this event is sold out.