URGENT: All Hands on Deck!
The Massachusetts two-year legislative session is scheduled to end on July 31. We have yet to bring meaningful climate change legislation to a vote in the House this session. Our children cannot wait 2 more years for bold climate action.
Please contact your State Representative to help Mothers Out Front accomplish its goal of ensuring “a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels and toward clean and renewable energy.” More information and a sample call script is below.
If you do not know who your State Representative is, check here. Then please call and/or email your Representative to:
- Thank them for the Legislature’s dedication and extra work to keep us safe during the pandemic.
- Remind them that there are critically important bills still in the House Ways and Means Committee that need to be voted on by the full House. Tell them that you are ready to see the Legislature take on meaningful climate legislation now, in addition to their work to address Covid-19.
- Ask them to contact Rep Aaron Michlewitz, the Chair of the Ways & Means Committee, and Robert DeLeo, the Speaker of the House, and request that the following bills get passed out of Committee and put up for a floor vote:
- And finally, thank them again for making strong climate action a priority this session.
When these bills come to a vote, we will contact you again, with a list of amendments that make sure our priorities are included.
Here's a call script you can customize:
Hello, I’m <your name>, and I live in <town>. I’m also a member of Mothers Out Front. First, thank you for the dedication you have shown and the non-stop work you and your colleagues have been doing to keep us safe during the pandemic.
Now I’m ready to see the Legislature take on meaningful climate legislation, in addition to your work to address Covid-19. Today I am calling to ask for your support for three critically important bills that are still in the House Ways and Means Committee, and need to be voted on by the full House:
- H.3983, the 2050 Roadmap bill
- H.4264, the Environmental Justice bill
Please ask the House leadership to move these bills forward for a floor vote.
Again, thank you for making strong climate action a priority for this session!