RSVP for the Massachusetts Mothers Out Front
Strategy Summit Follow Up Meeting
Saturday, December 8
10 am - 2 pm
First Parish Unitarian Universalist Arlington
630 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington
Our state strategy summit in October left some unfinished business.
- We chose to combine elements of three proposals as the basis for creating a statewide campaign to speed the transition off fracked gas. However, we agreed that the ideas in the proposals still needed focus and details. We want to continue to do this through a democratic and inclusive process.
- We also agreed that we need a governance structure that will support the new campaign and create clear lines of communication and accountability. We tasked our Structure Team with coming up with a proposal.
On December 8th, we will:
- Consider and select the parts of the campaign proposals that will have the biggest impact, best use the voice of mothers, and grow our movement
- Create preliminary campaign impact and people goals, and possible targets
- Establish guidelines for membership and structure of the campaign leadership group
- Give input around governance structure & hear proposals from the Structure Committee
The next steps after this meeting will be to:
- Share a rough draft of the campaign with community teams to get feedback
- Gather and empower a new campaign leadership group to create a timeline, tactics, campaign name and other details.
- Launch the new campaign in January or February 2019!
Who should come: Anyone interested in helping finalize our state strategy! At least one representative from each team would be ideal.
Remote participation: The meeting will have the option for virtual participation for those who live across the state or could not otherwise participate.
Lunch: Bring your own lunch. Bring something to share as well, if you like.
Directions and Parking: First Parish Arlington is located at 630 Massachusetts Avenue, in Arlington center. The 77 and 79 bus routes stop right in front of the church. There is plenty of metered parking nearby. Enter at the side door near the library. We will be in the Parlor, through the glass doors to the left of where you enter.
We’re posting readings to familiarize everyone with the background to the campaign and the criteria we’ll use. This page will also have any updates about logistics.
630 Massachusetts Ave
Arlington, MA 02476
Google map and directions