Community Meeting Recap
Our first community meeting was a great success with an amazing inspiring presentation by Ania Camargo on the state of gas leaks in the Boston area and especially in Brookline. Some startling information: Brookline is the second leakiest city/town in the Commonwealth by mile and Route 9 is a major leaky corridor, with potentially several super-emitters:
Gas Leaks Map Source: HEET.org. School labels: Mothers Out Front Brookline
What can you do?
- Email the Dept. of Environmental Protection by Nov. 16th at firstname.lastname@example.org Demand that green house gas emissions are rapidly reduced in the interests of protecting our children's and everyone's future. Gas leaks should be a focus of these reductions and regulated in order to meet the requirements of the Global Warming Solutions Act. Why does it matter to you? See sample email.
- Read the full gas leaks presentation. The video of our community meeting: the quality is not great, but the conversation is worth a listen.
- Sign our petition to Fix Massachusetts Gas Leaks: http://www.mothersoutfront.org/fix_massachusetts_gas_leaks
- Call National Grid to report any leaks you smell at 1(800) 233-5325
- Sign up for the Brookline Mothers Out Front email list: http://ma.mothersoutfront.org/join
- Subscribe to Mothers Out Front Action Alerts: http://www.mothersoutfront.org/sign_up_for_action_alerts
- Follow Mothers Out Front Brookline: www.facebook.com/BrooklineMOF or www.twitter.com/BrooklineMOF
Do you like this page?