June 12 Virtual Lobby Day:
Friday, June 12, meetings to be scheduled between 1:00 - 4:00 PM - Registrants will be sent meeting time and logistic info
RSVP Link: https://forms.gle/CCmmPyVL8fr7bXox9
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/241887410433798/
Mass Power Forward is organizing virtual meetings with legislators and their constituents by county. Please sign up here by Sunday June 7 if possible.
This is a shirt up/show up/speak up opportunity! Wear your Mothers Out Front t-shirt and set your camera so everyone can see it! Let them know that the Mothers Are Here and demand Environmental Justice and bold climate policy NOW!
- Fore River Residents Against the Compressor Station (FRRACS) won a legal victory in federal court that vacated the Weymouth compressor station air quality permit. Although construction continues, this ruling shows that the MA Department of Environmental Protection did not follow its own protocols to protect the residents of Fore River Basin. There may well be delays in the project, and there is a possibility that Enbridge may not be able to bring the compressor online.
- Attorney General Maura Healey, our ally and hero, has called for the Department of Public Utilities to plan for the transition off gas. Please make some noise on social media about this, like: Thank you @MassAgo for petitioning the DPU to investigate the future of the natural gas industry so we can meet our climate goals and protect our kids! #BeyondGas #MAGasPlan @EEASecretary @mothersoutfront #mapoli
- The deadline for our priority bills, carbon pricing, H.2810, and the FUTURE Act, H.2849 (and the 100% Renewable Energy Act, H.2836), were extended again. They are still in the Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy Committee until the new deadline of July 22.
- The emergency safe voting bill in the House that the Legislative Team supported sped through the legislative process and passed on Thursday, 6/4 with some amendments that made it stronger and more just. It now goes to the Senate where it is expected to pass quickly.
- Mothers Out Front Massachusetts signed on to a powerful Environmental Justice letter written by EJ organization leaders to move the bills we support forward.