After her talk, audience members broke out into four groups, based on their type of dwelling, to brainstorm ways to implement energy-saving measures in their homes. Participants identified 53 different actions to investigate in order to increase energy efficiency, and committed to pursuing these plans.
Top 10 Ways to Conserve Energy:
- Use only LED light bulbs
- Install smart power strips to remove phantom loads
- Wash clothes in cold water and hang clothes to dry
- Use a programmable thermostat to reduce temperatures by 8 - 10 degrees when out or sleeping
- Use only one refrigerator
- Choose EnergyStar appliances
- Convert to tankless heat when your water heater breaks
- Cook with an electric or induction stove, rather than “natural” gas
- Insulate your home
- Heat and cool with a heat pump
Do you like this page?