Who we are
We are mothers and grandmothers in Brookline who are building a powerful grassroots movement to ensure a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels and toward clean and renewable energy. Together, we can create a healthy climate today and a livable future for all children.
In 2020, we will encourage Brookline residents to go fossil fuel free. Here's how:
- Opt for 100% green electricity.
- Walk, bike, or drive electric cars.
- Replace oil or gas heat and hot water with electric heat pumps.
- Save money and fuel by making homes more energy-efficient.
- Work on gas leaks.
What you can do
We need help with the following tasks
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter, re-post our messages and attend our events;
- Contact our constituents through posts/emails;
- Work as a liaison to your school for local activities and events;
- Help with publicity for events - distributing flyers, posting to community lists;
- Graphic design for event handouts and posters;
- Help bring compost to Brookline. Contact Deane Coady (her email is her first name + her last name at gmail.com);
- Volunteer at an event greeting people and giving out information.
Don’t worry about having too little time to offer. Most of our work is done through email or remotely. We can find a task that fits the amount of time you have while still making a meaningful impact.
Stop worrying about climate change and start taking action! Sign up with us today.