The Bedford Community team is a group of mothers and grandmothers who are working with our town and other allies on a host of initiatives to address climate change. We are looking for people to join our efforts in these areas: Article explaining Mothers Out Front
September 20th Youth Climate Strike. - Here are some photos of the amazing event.
- Bedford Day 2019 MOF Booth - Check out who dropped by the booth.
- Opt Up - Go For It! Bedford residents can now Opt Up to 100% renewable energy sources via Bedford"s new Community Choice Aggregation deal.
- Gas Leaks - We are working to raise awareness in our community of gas leaks and their impacts on health, safety and climate, and are taking action to encourage the gas companies to fix these leaks in our community. Weymouth Update
- Net Zero Planning - Rapid development in Bedford affords us an opportunity to influence planning to promote smart, energy efficient building. Mothers Out Front Bedford has partnered with allied organizations to create a Net Zero study group to work on this important issue.
- Home Energy Assessments - We are partnering with Revise Energy to promote no-cost home energy assessments for homeowners in order to reduce consumption of fossil fuels for electricity, heating, and cooling.
- Food Waste - We are working to promote food waste initiatives in the schools, namely liquids diversion (away from trash) and lunchroom composting, as well town-wide curbside and backyard composting to reduce the emissions related to food waste in the trash.
We are also voicing our support of other climate-related initiatives in our town including the expansion of local public transportation and town solar projects. We are looking forward to adding more concerned, enthusiastic members to our team.
Please fill out this form to connect with the Bedford team and we will get back you promptly!