Arlington Mothers Out Front Goes to Boston Youth Climate Strike
Join Arlington MoF and allies to stand with the young climate organizers and join the Youth Climate Strike’s call to action to fight against the #climatecrisis.
See below for schedule and more information. RSVP here to let us know you're coming and stay updated. Looks like Arlington will have a large presence at the strike! Join us.
- 9-9:30am: gathering/rally/flashmob on the bike path (near Thorndike Field/the dog park -- map)
- 9:30am: take the T from Alewife to Boston City Hall
- 10:00-11:30am: Community Events at City Hall Plaza—art activities, partner organization tabling, sign making, community mural/art wall
- 10:45 - 11:15 Mothers Out Front meets at the back of Boston Sports Club, 17 Sudbury St.
- 11:30am-1:00pm: Main Rally at City Hall Plaza—speakers, dances/songs/bands, slam poetry!
- 1:00-1:30pm: March to MA Statehouse
- 1:30-2:30pm: Action at MA Statehouse
- Also, Climate Action Working Group at First Parish Universal Universalist will be hosting a Climate Strike event on their front lawn on the corner of Mass Ave and Pleasant St. from 5:30-6 pm on Fri. Sept. 20th.
Some helpful guidelines:
- We encourage you to wear your Mothers Out Front T-shirts if you have one and bring signs.
- Bring snacks, as local restaurants may have huge lines. Also bring a full reusable water bottle. There will be a water truck on site so you can refill.
Other information and requests from youth leaders:
- Keep up-to-date with the Facebook event, Arlington Families go to Boston Youth Climate Strike
- Share climate strike flyers and graphics
September 20, 2019 at 9:00am - 2:30pm
Meet at Thorndike Field, take T to the march in Boston